These competitive, traveling teams play in the Ontario Basketball League (OBL). Games in the OBL are organized by the Ontario Basketball\ Association (OBA) and a schedule can be seen on the OBA website. It is the goal of the Hurricanes Rep teams for their players to have fun, improve and be competitive through commitment and hard work.
The Hurricanes run teams for both boys and girls ranging from under age 12 (U12) to under age 19 (U19). The seasons for each team run at various times throughout the school year.
More About Our Rep Program
Our long-running Blue & Gold Tournament is a Basketball Ontario sanctioned event enticing teams to the area with the promise fun basketball in a world-class, tourist destination.
Blue & Gold Registration
Get ready for the upcoming season and test your skills against some of the best in the province.
Our coaches are talented, motivated and eager to volunteer their time, teaching what they know to the youth of Huntsville. If you are interested in making a difference in your community and want to get involved in the Hurricanes program, please, apply today.
Become A Coach
The Huntsville Hurricanes are partners with Canada Basketball and the Ontario Basketball Association and as such we pledge the following:
- Canada Basketball Member Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion (EDI) Pledge
- We pledge to provide an accessible, inclusive, and welcoming basketball environment for all.
- We will ensure everyone feels safe and that they belong, regardless of race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, genetic characteristics, disability, and conviction for an offence for which a pardon has been granted or in respect of which a record suspension has been ordered.
- We firmly stand against any form of racism, discrimination, or harassment.
- We will strive to provide programming that targets underrepresented groups, while reducing systemic and overt barriers to participation.
- We commit to ongoing education to promote equity, diversity, inclusion, and accessibility.
A coach has yet to be assigned to this team. We are always looking for new talent so if you are interested in coaching, apply today.